Richard understands that divorce, child custody, and family issues is a difficult and stressful time, so his goal is to alleviate as much strife as possible. Family law deals with highly sensitive and personal matters. When possible, Richard seeks to resolve disputes as painlessly as possible through collaborative agreements, but is prepared to advocate for his clients in court whenever necessary.
Prior to his career as an attorney, Richard worked for several multinational corporations in the United States and Germany. He also has extensive knowledge in running a small business. Richard can assist you when beginning your own business by providing legal advice from start to finish. His expertise includes, formation, operating agreements, contract review, restrictive covenants, dissolution, business valuation and commercial disputes.
- North Carolina, 2011
- South Carolina, 2012
- Charlotte School of Law, Charlotte, North Carolina
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
- Master of International Business – 1998
- Michigan State University
- B.A. – 1990
- Major: International Relations
Past Employment Positions
- The Law Office of Richard W. Barnes, PLLC, Managing Member, 2011 – 2016