Ronald A. Skufca
Business Law | Construction Law | Motorsports Law | Family Law | Collaborative Law | Outside General Counsel
Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, NC, 1998
University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce, 1992
North Carolina, 1998
U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
Ron is the founder of Skufca Law and leads the firm’s litigation group representing businesses and individuals in the areas of business, construction, motorsports and family law. Ron is also trained in the practice of collaborative law. He has substantial experience in the construction industry, NASCAR, and advising a wide range of businesses in all aspects of their legal issues.
Ron currently serves as outside general counsel to several of his long-time business clients while continuing to work with individuals starting their own business or to resolve disputes that may arise. Ron is dedicated to helping both new and longtime business owners in a cost effective and efficient manner. Some of Ron’s representative clients are General Contractor JD Goodrum Construction, who built Romare Bearden Park in Uptown Charlotte, Charlotte Mechanical, who has worked on many of the multi-family projects driving the growth of South End Charlotte, and Front Row Motorsports, a three car NASCAR cup series team. Ron’s litigation clients value his approach in working with them one-on-one to enable them to take an active role in their case and to make informed decisions. Ron is proud that he has built his practice on personal referrals from existing clients and attorneys who know his reputation for building strong working relationships with his clients in the course of providing zealous legal representation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- EO Charlotte Member
- North Carolina Bar Association – Construction Law Council
- Mecklenburg County Collaborative Family Law Practice Group
- Million Dollar Advocate Forum, Life Member
- Family Law Section, Mecklenburg County, Chair
- Presented "Reducing Risk & Protecting Profit" – January 30, 2020, NARI Charlotte Meeting
- Presented “Construction Contracts: Getting to Know the Devil that Lurks in the Details” – April 25, 2019, NARI Charlotte Meeting
- Moderator, County Bar Continuing Legal Education: Convincing the Court to #Follow Your Social Media, May 17, 2013 – Present
- Presented “The New Lien Law – What Contractors Need to Know” , Cabarrus County Building Industry Association in Concord, March 26, 2013 – Present
- Guest Speaker at Promoters Summit with Humpy Wheeler as part of the 2nd Annual Carolina Auto Racing Show, CARS, January 5, 2013 – Present
- Presented Seminar on N.C. Lien Law Changes, Construction Law Attorneys, December 6, 2012 – Present
- Charlotte Mechanical (commercial HVAC/plumbing)
- Front Row Motorsports (NASCAR cup series)
- Nexcom Telecommunications
- Business Owners (personal & business divorce)
- Super Lawyers Honoree - Construction Litigation (2021-2023)
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite - Construction Law (2021)
- Super Lawyers Honoree - Business Litigation (2020)
- Leaders in the Law Honoree by NC Lawyer’s Weekly (2018)
Outside his legal practice, Ron has always been actively involved in his community, having served on the board of the Dilworth Community Development Association; as a member of the Dilworth South End Rotary club; as a coach, board member and sponsor for Dilworth Little League for over a decade; a sponsor of Myers Park High School baseball; a participant in the 24 Hrs of Booty cycling fundraising event in Myers Park, having personally raised thousands of dollars to help cancer organizations; as well as other community organizations and events.
In 2013, Ron founded the South End Shuffle 5K & Mile Run running race to benefit the Purple Promise Foundation to End Melanoma cancer and the Charlotte Rail Trail. The South End Shuffle has helped raise money and increase awareness to these two local non-profit organizations that have personal and local connections Ron and his law firm.