Motorsports is an industry few attorneys focus on, but Skufca Law, is different. Ron Skufca has long histories of involvement in the sport. For more than 10 years he has advocated for the legal needs of drivers, teams, tracks and sponsors.
Ron represents NASCAR cup teams Front Row Motorsports, and Leavine Family Racing, as well as several drivers in the NASCAR series.
Ron Skufca understands the racing industry.
He grew up in the pits at race tracks around the southeast when he and his brother lent a hand with a two-car late model team for several years before heading to college. Ron has competed in various forms of motorsports over the years, including SCCA races, motocross and karting.
A Full Roster Of Legal Services For People In The Racing Business
Skufca Law possesses a superior understanding of motorsports and the challenges drivers and teams face.
As attorneys, we:
- Negotiate and draft contracts
- Are experienced in all matters regarding the NASCAR Charter Member Agreement (CMA), including:
- ownership disputes,
- and litigation
- Have represented multiple teams in CMA related transactions & lawsuits since NASCAR granted CMA’s in 2016
- Conduct sponsorship negotiations
- Craft sound licensing agreements for copyrights and trademarks
- Draft strong race shop leases and other critical documents
- Pursue collections of money owed to teams and drivers
- Represent clients in court when litigation is necessary
- Resolve sponsorship deal disputes
- Assist in the formation of corporations and LLCs
- Resolve partnership and shareholders’ agreements
- Advise on asset purchases, including race teams and facilities
- Represent service and product providers
- Assist with leasing, purchasing, building and refinancing of racing shops and facilities
- Assist with financing homes of drivers and team principals
- Assist with general business.
Representative clients include, Front Row Motorsports, Leavine Family Racing, StarCom Racing, Todd Bodine, Kevin LePage, and Danny Dyszelski Kart Racing
A Law Degree Is Not Enough
Legal knowledge is not enough by itself to represent our motorsports clients well.
Our office is conveniently located in Charlotte, convenient to local racers, teams and tracks. We are a member of the North Carolina Motorsports Association, and our lawyers are actively involved with the latest developments within the industry.
Contact Ron to discuss your concerns with an experienced motorsports attorney.
Let's Work Together